Manolo Blahnik with Swarovski Crystals! Aren’t they just darling?
Happy Thrifty Thursday!
When I’m not shopping from the sales rack at the department stores, you can find me in a discount store or my favorite thrift stores. I’ve always been drawn to designer labels but never paid designer prices. One of my favorite shoe designers is Manolo Blahnik (after my birthday twin, Salvatore Ferragamo of course). I have owned a few pair of Manolos and honestly, they are one of the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned. As I grow older, it is all about comfort for me. This is one of the reasons I’m not that big into Christian Louboutin. Louboutins are NOT comfortable!
These beauties were found at a local thrift store for under $15! As you can see from the bottom, they are brand new. They only flaw is the missing stone on the right shoe. But that’s nothing a trip to Michaels can’t fix. Since I am at Michaels all the time buying items for DIY projects and designing jewelry. It’s no big deal for me to find the perfect Swarovski crystal gem to replace the missing stone.
If these weren’t my size I would definitely sell them in the POSHMARK store for a profit. But luckily for me that fit perfectly! And I cannot wait to wear them!
As for comparison, the retail value of these shoes lies some place between $700 – $1,000. This particular style isn’t being manufactured this year. However, here a pair closest to the design at a whopping $1,095!
Here’s a list of my favorite thrift and secondhand stores in the DC area.
– Fia’s Fabulous Finds: 806 Upshur St. NW, WDC
– Frugalista: 3069 Mt. Pleasant St NW, WDC
– Rosario: 3616 14th St NW, WDC
– Georgia Avenue Thrift Store: 6101 Georgia Ave NW, WDC
– Second Story Boutique: 3903 Georgia Ave NW, WDC
– The Goodwill Store: 2200 South Dakota Ave NE, WDC
– Mike Thrift Store: 3842 34th St, Mount Rainier MD
– Salvation Army 7505 New Hampshire Ave, Takoma Park, MD
– Value Thrift: 22277 University Blvd, Lewisdale, MD